Snacks...those "meals between meals" can sometimes be tricky to navigate. A fistful of nuts, a piece of fruit, sometimes isn't what your body is craving at that time. When you're in the mood for a little bit more, and it's not always feasible to cook a meal. So, having a hearty snack that fits in with all this clean living is really handy.
Here's a little something I've used in the past to keep those cravings at bay...
Bacon Burger Bombs
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 cubes smoked cheddar cheese, (1-inch)
- 12 rounds sausage patties, raw, (1-ounce)
- To taste: cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lay out your sausage rounds on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Dust your sausage with cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper.
3. Place a piece of cheese in the middle of the sausage rounds.
4. Form a ball around the cheese with the sausage. Roll it in your hands to make a good circle shape.
5. Wrap your bacon around the sausage balls.
6. Bake at 350°F for an hour. Enjoy with your favorite burger condiments!
This makes a total of 12 servings of Bacon Burger Bombs. Each serving comes out to be 249.17 Calories, 20.31g Fats, 1.37g Net Carbs, and 14.38g Protein.