Everyone loves "Taco Tuesday" but it can be tough to avoid excess Chips and Tortillas. This little trick will help keep you on track! Top these with a good salsa and some avocado and you're off and running!
Baked Chicken Fajita Roll-ups
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise, thin about ¼'' thick
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime (optional)
- toothpicks for securing chicken
- Dry spice mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dry spice mix in small bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and Sprinkle the chicken fillets with the spice mix. Place 6 bell pepper slices on the center of each chicken fillet (2 of each color). Roll each one tightly, keeping seam side down and secure with a toothpick. If any spices remain, sprinkle them on the chicken rolls.
- Heat a large heavy (oven safe is possible) pan to medium high heat. Place the oil in the pan and gently place chicken in the pan. Cook chicken rolls for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden. Remove pan from heat and place pan in the oven (if the pan is oven safe. If it's not, transfer chicken to a baking sheet). Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and peppers are charred.
- Serve with veggies, rice or tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
For more recipes like this, be sure to check out GimmeDelicious.