One of my favorite meals is a hearty soup or stew. This recipe from Everyday Paleo's, Sarah Fragoso, definitely fits the bill! Enjoy!!
Full Recipe: https://sarahfragoso.com/salmon-veggie-chowder/
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 raw bacon strips, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds fresh wild caught salmon cut into bite sized pieces
- Add the bacon to large soup pot and brown over medium-to-medium high heat.
- Once the bacon starts to crisp, add the onions and sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Add the garlic and celery and sauté until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the quartered Brussels sprouts and carrots and simmer until the veggies are tender but not mushy.
- Add the red bell peppers and salmon and cook just until the salmon flakes apart easily.
- Season with the dill and salt and pepper to taste and red chili flakes if desired. Serve immediately.