TENDER ASIAN-MARINATED FLANK STEAK
From The Performance Paleo Cookbook
By Stephanie recipe
If you have not given the Performance Paleo Cookbook a read through you are missing out! It has some great recipes for all your paleo needs and desires. This one recipe in particular is very easy to prepare and cook. Its one of my "go-to's" when I am going to cook a mean steak. Try it out!
- 1 lb (454 g) flank steak
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1” (2.5 cm) piece ginger, peeled and sliced into thin coins
- 3 green onions (2 oz [57 g]), white and light green parts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (59 mL) coconut recipe
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients except for the coconut oil in a plastic zip-top bag or a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Longer is definitely better, up to 24 hours. Remove the meat and pat it dry. Discard the marinade.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. When it shimmers, add the steak, and sear for 3 minutes until a golden brown crust has formed. Flip the steak and sear the other side for 3 minutes. Then turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until it’s to your preference, about 4 more minutes for medium.
- Let rest on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into thin strips, against the grain (muscle fibers). It’ll be really tender that way.
See you in class,